January 14, 2009

Ted Art 2009-Chemo Angels

Ok, so I told you all about Chemo Angels in a previous post. I was so excited that many of you left comments stating that you were signing up to be Chemo Angels too...it just warmed my heart!







I am sending this off tomorrow to Ted for whom I am a Chemo Angel.
Gods Love Protect Us...I got this idea from Bob Marley. In his song Positive Vibration (you can listen to it on my blog) he sings "Jah love, Jah love, protect us".
I often listen to Bob on my drive home from work. Yesterday was no different except the words really spoke to me.
So as soon as I arrived home, I took out my watercolors and completed this for Ted. I decided to change the word Jah to God. I hope Ted enjoys it and his spirit is lifted!

12 comments:

aliceinparis said...

A love mandela!

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Very beautiful. Your colors are so light and filled with sunshine.
I've the the Angel of Chemo in my Angel Collection that I designed. She's the Angel of Hope...
Hugs,
Pam

Liz said...

Wonderful Work Leslie!!!! I'm sure Ted will love it. Thumbs up for Bob Marley!!!

Love Liz

bindu said...

This is such a cheerful illustration! Like a little piece of sunshine. Well done.

L.G. said...

beautiful prayer Mandala !!
you're right the colors are so similar :)

Art4Sol said...

So beautiful....I'm sure it works.

Cinzia said...

Wonderful work, Leslie! I like it very much!!!
Cinzia

hippo chick said...

Great post, Leslie. So uplifting.

~hippo hugs~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, lively, uplifting painting! I love what you're doing with chemo angels. Bob Marley was one of those rare and special souls, you could see it in his eyes, hear it in his music. Love him. Thanks for your awesome support with my quitting smoking! I too have tried many, many times before (my longest was 9 months). That one through hypnosis. Would have stayed quit too had I gone back for a "touch up." Now I'm doing the patch and an onslaught of other stuff (as described). I can't imagine doing it cold turkey. I'd pull my hair out. I wish you all the best when you decide to do it! Being a part of blogland adds a huge element of support to the whole thing. This is the first time I've quit with all of this support and I think it'll count as a big factor to my staying quit for good this time (fingers crossed, hope hope, pray pray).

Belle said...

Beautiful Leslie. Just beautiful...

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie! thanks for visiting my blog. Bindu is the best! Your work is so colorful and fun. I've added you to my list of Artists I Admire on my blog page so I can see when you post new things. You and TippyCat stay warm!
pughugs from Texas...

Lisa @ Perfectly Peculiar said...

I’ve nominated you, yes you!, for the Kreative Blogger Award! I’m sure you get this ALL the time, being the awesomely fabulous person you are, but please take a minute to stop by and grab your award. Then tell us 7 things you love, and nominate 7 others.